Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Script Frenzy NWWBW Challenge

Suzanne told me (as well as everyone else) about Script Frenzy over at the NWWBW boards and has been rallying everyone to get with the program and do it, and I think I am going to try (and hopefully do better than my 5 word NaNoWriMo masterpiece).

Script Frenzy in a nutshell is that you have 30 days (April 1-30) to write a 100 page script, be it a screen play, graphic novel, tv show, or something else. With at least 5 or 6 people on board at NWWBW, it seems like a pretty good idea to at least try, though I have to be honest with you - going in, I have no plan. My approach will be simple though; be rediculous. I have no notions that my writing is amazing, and I have no intentions of being intentionally deep and/or metaphorical, but rediculous and stupid I can do, maybe even be entertaining in the process (at least to myself while its being written). It'll be a good challenge to do personally, even if it is just to find out I don't want to do it again.

If you think you are going to do it, head on over to NWWBW and talk about it. Thats all I got for now, just felt the need to share.

1 comment:

Stryder Wolfe said...

sounds like fun but I don't know the first thing about writing scripts. I'm gonna try and pull it out for nanowrimo this year though...

and want to read what you all come up with for the scripts too